- Describe the setting of the short story ”The Sniper” by Liam O’Flaherty.
- How does the the sniper feel about the war at the beginning of the story?
- Why does the sniper kill the old woman? What happens after he fires his weapon?
- In Liam O’Flaherty’s ”The Sniper,” what does the woman symbolize?
- How does the street between the sniper and his target function as a symbol in the short story, ”The Sniper?”
- What causes the sniper to risk being shot by a machine gun near the end of ”The Sniper”?
- Who is the antagonist of ”The Sniper”?
- What is the tone of the story? What is it trying to say?
Post answers as a comment.
Connectors That Show Comparison (Similarities)
As well as
At the same time
On the other hand
Connectors That Show Contrast (Differences)
On the contrary