- Describe the setting of the short story ”The Sniper” by Liam O’Flaherty.
- How does the the sniper feel about the war at the beginning of the story?
- Why does the sniper kill the old woman? What happens after he fires his weapon?
- In Liam O’Flaherty’s ”The Sniper,” what does the woman symbolize?
- How does the street between the sniper and his target function as a symbol in the short story, ”The Sniper?”
- What causes the sniper to risk being shot by a machine gun near the end of ”The Sniper”?
- Who is the antagonist of ”The Sniper”?
- What is the tone of the story? What is it trying to say?
Post answers as a comment.
Write an essay where you compare the two short stories.
Connectors That Show Comparison (Similarities)
As well as
At the same time
On the other hand
Connectors That Show Contrast (Differences)
On the contrary